Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4: Things I Learned Today: Caterpillars, Semantics & More...



1.)  The fuzzy yellow caterpillars the kids had yesterday?? Ya, DON'T TOUCH THEM. 







They are American Dagger Moth Caterpillars, and although they are pretty, their little hairs are toxic and cause very itchy, red welts. Who knew. Ruby's hand is swollen and sore. I should've Googled it. But now you know, so just look, don't touch.


2.)  Swinging on that porch swing with the kids is one of the most peaceful places in the world. The gentle breeze across my face as I sway back and forth carries all my worries away. I just sit and snuggle my babies, watching the world go by.


3.)  Clayton got in trouble this morning before we left for lunch, and I told him to sit on a chair at the kitchen table and not get up until we were ready to leave. I went upstairs to get dressed and brush my teeth. Not more then a few minutes later, I heard him upstairs with the rest of the kids, laughing and carrying on. I clenched my teeth, finished throwing some clothes on, and opened the bedroom door, saying, "what consequence do you need now because you weren't able to listen?" 

And this is how I found him. He replied that I told him to sit in the chair until it was time to leave, and that's exactly what he was doing. 

This is what I'm up against, you guys. A semantic genius. I apparently need to choose my words Very. Carefully. Lest they be used against me. I covet your prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...