Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 20: A Parenting Gem for You



I read in this lovely Rhinestone Jesus book today that when her children are disobedient or disrespectful, she sends them out to the yard… to pull weeds.

A. Genius!

B. Why didn't I think of that? Like, back in June?!?! I'd have the nicest flowerbeds on the block at this point. And besides, I HATE weeding and yard work. So, win win. For me.

C. Note to Self: Make mental list of all the other jobs you hate doing indoors for when the winter comes and you need a similar consequence. Or for when the weeds are gone. But as you can see from the picture above, it's going to be a while.



P.S. We've only been doing the weed thing for one day, and our front flowerbed is already picked clean. They've had to pick as many weeds as their age each time. Biggest ones first.


Score!




It was too good not to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...