Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19: 'Twas the Night Before School


Before now I wasn't ready for school to start. Summer seemed gone in a blink, and we were still having so much fun being together.

But today. 

It started out okay, even with alarms and routine and paperwork looming on the horizon, but they all started unraveling before lunch. There was fighting and arguing, crying and blaming, bickering and smacking. 

And just like that, I was ready. Especially because the forecast in our home did not improve.

When I sat down on the couch tonight, I sighed with relief. Rough day. 

After venting about the day and the children a little, I said to my husband, "I think there's another reason I'm so stressed and cranky--I haven't written anything in a while. My thoughts are constipated."

He laughed a little and glanced my direction, with an expression that affirmed my weirdness, saying, "the funny thing is, you say you haven't written for a while. But 'a while' is probably only five days."

"That's enough time to get constipated." I replied.

He chuckled. Alas, he's stuck with me, so I guess it's either laugh or cry. ;)

So here's to wake-up calls, the morning hustle, quieter days, reinstating nap times, and free-flowing thoughts. Bring it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...