Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24: A Cucumber is a Fruit??



Ok, so please tell me that I'm not the only one who didn't know that a cucumber is technically a fruit?? It is. An 11 year old told me that today, and I didn't believe him. So I asked Google, because that's what I do when I don't know something. And Google agreed. 

According to the Mayo Clinic: 

The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives, peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes.


Who knew. 

Apparantly I'm not smarter then a 6th grader. You learn something new every day. That's what the 6th grader said.



And on a related note, from these photos it seems that I survive on a steady diet of banana peppers, which are, as it turns out, a FRUIT. The 6th grader told me that he loves banana peppers, too. Back off, kid. You may have taken my pride, but you will have to pry the banana peppers from my cold, dead fingers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...