Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 7


Today I showered and put on earrings. Toby saw the earrings and asked me where we were going. I told him to pick up the kids from school. "Then where?" he asked. I said I thought we would swing by the grocery store on the way home. "And then where??" Apparently it needs to be a rather monumental occasion for me to look presentable when leaving the house… 
#iguessididwearyogapantsallweek 
#momuniform
#needtoworkonthat

That cute, wonderful baby of mine was up half the night screaming. We probably only got 3 hours of sleep, if that… It looks like she was tired today. I wonder why.  >:-[


I'm loving this new line of organic stuff at Aldi!!! If they have it, I will buy it. 


And I attempted to make bread. It wasn't very good. I didn't deviate from the recipe, but I didn't allow for all the time it needed to rise. It ended up very dense. I'd love to learn how to make a good, homemade loaf of bread, so I'll give it another go at some point. 

Ruby had her 100th Day Celebration at school today, and she painstakingly put all 100 Fruit Loops in rainbow order on her necklace. 




2013





2 comments:

  1. I love all your pictures :) I found a trick for me when I bake bread, is to make sure you spoon your flour into the measuring cups and not scoop the cup into the flour. You will over-pack your flour that way, making the bread very dense. Also, a little shortcut for rising bread dough is to flip the light on in your oven (dont turn the oven on, just the light) and put the dough inside with a tea towel or greased plastic wrap lightly set on top. The heat of the light is just enough to create the perfect environment for rising dough. When it is this cold outside it can effect how long it can take to rise normally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for the bread-making tips!!! Can't beat advice from an expert! ;) I will try that next time for sure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...