Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 12: Tattoo Fundraiser


My Relay for Life team had a tattoo fundraiser today, & I got one. I was a sweaty, nervous, hot mess. Hi, my name is Jacqui. It's been almost ten years since my last tattoo, and I'm scared to death. {Hi Jacqui.} My pep talk to myself was as follows: "Woman, you've had 4 kids!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!"

I know it's a small tattoo, but it hurt like hades. About halfway through I was like, I'M READY FOR THE EPIDURAL NOW!! I'm a wuss. And actually what I thought was halfway through really wasn't... He got to the end, and just as I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking we were done, he says, "I need to go over it one more time..." Slightly into the second round, he says "I'll just need to go over it five more times." I was like, "WHAT?!?!?" He was messing with me. You know, trying to crack a joke while he's repeatedly stabbing me with a needle. So not funny...

And then when we were done done, he says, "it might need touched up once it heals. See how it looks. You can come back in anytime." 

Ok. I'll get right on that. Like, maybe ten years from now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...