Saturday, August 3, 2013

Homemade Italian Dressing

If you know me, you know that I'm a HUGE fan of salads, and I love them mostly for the yummy homemade salad dressing I can slather all over them. Basically, I'm a vinegar addict. I've been using this dressing maker for years {pictured below}, & I've just recently concocted the perfect mix of spices to replicate the dressing my mom made {and still does} for our salad growing up. It's pretty close, at least. If you're a fan of vinaigrette's or Italian dressing, I promise this is the best version you'll ever taste!! It's so good that I literally drink the extra dressing from the bottom of the bowl, which we always called the "juice" at my house. Now my daughter loves it, too, so I have some competition once the salad is gone. :)

If this is something you'll be making often, I'd recommend investing in a dressing maker, like this one from Pampered Chef. It's fairly inexpensive and holds up really well. A pint sized mason jar would work, as well, but it lacks the convenient pouring spout.


Homemade Italian Dressing 
{yields 12 oz.}

5 oz. apple cider vinegar
7 oz. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper

Pour liquids into the jar to the proper measurements. Add spices. Shake vigorously & serve. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.

You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...